? asked in HealthMen's Health · 2 months ago

How common is it to get sterilized (vasectomy or tubal litigation) in your 20s?

I'm a 22yr old guy and want to get sterilised by either getting castrated and going on testoserone therapy or getting a vasectomy.

But I've heard many doctors will be reluctant to do this

not sure. make sure that you are really certain before you go under the knife!!! so important. I would also make sure that you are using a penis health creme--- it really changed my sex life as I was very self conscious about my dry penis skin before using it- now its better. 

Generally doctors will only do vasectomies on men with families who have had their children.  I doubt they will do one on you at such a young age.

It's very uncommon and most doctors will not do it unless there is a medical issue.  However, if a person in their twenties already has kids, then their doctor is more apt to agree to do that sort of surgery

You are honestly much better off abstaining from sex zxjq

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

• ?

no doctor would do either of those unless there is an underlying medical condition

• edward

Because you’re young and selfish

Most doctors will do it for men as a vasectomy can be reversed.  It’s a hysterectomy for women that doctors don’t like to do because it’s permanent.

Many doctors are reluctant to do it for women. It's easier to find someone that will perform a vasectomy for men. Especially because you can choose to freeze your sperm should you change your mind later on. Doctors think women will change their mind and don't trust them to make decisions about their own bodies. While most people have a fairly good idea whether they plan on being parents because they have always pictured that kind of future, it doesn't mean you won't change your mind. Who you are at 22 is not who you are at 42. You may be with someone now that doesn't want a family but you may meet someone when you are older, financially secure that does want children. The actor Hugh Grant claimed he never wanted children, didn't start until he was 50 and now has 5 children under 10.