Is there a way to get scholarships to universities for one semester while studying in another university at the same time?

Hello, I'm a high school student. Suppose, I study in 'X' university. Is there a way I can apply for scholarships to another university (let's say 'Y') just for one semester and then come back to study to my original 'X' university? Do universities and scholarships work like that? 

I'd like to study in multiple universities even for one semester and there's one university that I'd like to originally study in. Makes sense?

P.s I'm not planning on leaving 'X' university. I just want to study in 'Y' , 'Z' universities at the same time for one semesters each. 

5 Answers

  • Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

    No.  Forget scholarships -- UNIVERSITIES don't work that way.

  • 2 months ago

    You must be a student there to get any financial aid or scholarship through a particular school. Scholarships, if any, are credited toward your tuition. Your "plan" is costly, and downright silly. It's not going to do you any good in obtaining financial aid, or graduating on time as you cannot be sure credits from other schools will be accepted as transfer credits.

    Now, if you are planning on a Junior Year Abroad program, or summer or semester program abroad, that's a different matter.

  • drip
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    In the USA. Universities do not work like that. 

    Changing schools frequently will result in lost credits and probably  taking longer than four years to graduate. 

    *Your financial aid is for one school*

    So if you take classes at any other school you will be paying out of pocket. 

    Universities require a certain number of credits and classes be taken at their school in order to receive a diploma from them.  

    You attend school X for Fall 2021. Then you would need to apply and be accepted into school Y for Spring semester. Then if you want to go back to school X for Fall 2022 you would need to reapply to them. 

    Once you leave school X to enroll at another school, you would need to reapply to school X to go back there and enroll on classes. 

    Your full time financial aid requires you to take at least 12 credits at the same university.  A full time student tuition covers 12-18 credits per semester. 

  • 2 months ago

    Er, no - scholarships aren't for one term / semester only, and this won't work, as universities don't all teach the same subject matter each semester. 

    You'd need to complete at least a year at a time at each university.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

    nice try -- but it almost certainly will not work when studying abroad except as part of a program by your university -- in which case, you apply at your university, not the host Uni

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.