Should I get a tetanus shot?

I was petting my dog and she bit me. Scratched the top of my skin. It only bled a tiny bit. I washed it with soap and water and put antiseptic alcohol on it. Should I still get a tetanus shot? 

Should I get it checked out? ... just over thinking things rn tbh

My dog is up to date with her rabies shot

• hart

never: use aloe vera

that lil scratch? ROTFL

That's more of a rabies shot thing, not tetanus.

• ?

No washing and using antiseptic should take care of it

No to either q. Wound insignificant and no tetanus risk. But you should update your tetanus every 20 years in principle 

it is highly unlikely that the wound is enough for a Tetanus infection to set in, and you did great by washing it with water and soap.. American manuals dictates that you should run 'the animal-bite wound' under running tap water for about 2-5 minutes (longer if the wound is larger), and with soap (washing involves rubbing and pressing).. alcohol and other disinfectants are used last if the wound is small, but not if it is a large wound - large wounds require special medical attention at the ER or at a nearby clinic..

now it is recommended for adults to get vaccinated against Tetanus every 10 years, it's cheap and readily available in most local clinics, and it is something that will give you peace of mind when such incident happens again.. i got mine last year because i used to do a lot of outdoor activities with sharp tools, dirty environment and occasional accidental cuts.. at least before the pandemic..

• ?

No. Tetanus spores reside in soil not in dog's teeth. My GSD used to champ up and down my arms leaving small welts play fighting. And I am still here.