Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 2 months ago

Why does life 'go-on' for so many people, when there is so much poverty, homelessness and suffering in the world?

Why do so many people on their way to work, for-instance, just walk past homeless people who sleep outside of a subway station and not give them money/a coffee/food? 

I'll sometimes give money to the first three or four I see. But the problem is so insurmountable that it's not like the average person can do much about it. I do know someone who printed up a bunch of cards with shelter and food pantry numbers and addresses on them. He hands those out instead of cash. But in my city shelter beds sit empty at night because those shelters have pesky rules about not smoking crack or shooting meth while you're there. 

I have thought about this myself. But we can't control everything, so you have to let that go. Also homeless people are a controversial subject, as sometimes they have contributed to why they are homeless and have turned down help. However, that is not always the case, and they can be a victim of their own circumstances. Most people could stand to be less selfish this is true, but we cannot control everything either. It's not upon one person to save the world, just their own small little corner of the world. What that means can vary from person to person. If their is suffering in the world, God is responsible for it, and he will have to answer for it at some point in time.

• ?

Because most so-called "spiritual" people couldn't give a rat's patoot about some homeless. Its all about me me me, ESPECIALLY with religious flakes.