Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

should i take exam or drop course?

i need 14 out of 40 on the final to pass this course. Should i take the final or drop the course so that it doesn't affect my gpa. passing mark for course is 50 percent. In the midterm the prof gave me a 12 out of 35 meaning 34 percent meaning for the exam i need a 35 percent. Think the prof even go even lower in the final exam? What is the probability of passing this course? Its a course where its all words used to answer questions. This is so borderline i cant decide between a yes or no.

• MS

A 14/40 is a ridiculously low standard to have to meet, so I think you should try to do that.  

Are you even able to drop your courses at this point?  Most universities only allow complete withdrawals at the end of the semester, meaning you drop all of your courses; the withdrawal from an individual course is only allowed to a certain point in the semester.

• Paul

At most schools you must drop a course fairly early in the semester.  It is probably too late to drop.

• Matt

Surely you can score 35%?