Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

Should I Quit My Masters? It's boring and useless. Please share your advice ?

This is my second master's degree. The first one was on pol. science and now I am pursuing an MBA. I did it completely out of intellectual curiosity. But the thing is, the program is new, the professors literally have no background in business and I am bored and frustrated out of my mind. The lectures arent even related to business. I am on my third sem and I already withdrew one course simply cause they were not related to the topic at all. I have my thesis left which I haven't started and I need to finish 9 credits. Shouyld I Just leave or just stick it out?

Masters is pretty useless. Unless you want to be in academics. I dropped out after one year too, admist a lot of criticism, and I just regret doing that one year. 

If your not focused in a particular business direction with getting your MBA your not going to be useful in it.  ....MBA's come down to experience and where you went to "school." 

Why does anyone's need more than one masters? Unless this is going to amount to a salary bump, get out. 9 credits and a thesis is an entire semester of work left at full time effort for what appears to be no benefit. Beware the "might as well" advice people will give probably give you, e.g. might as well just just finish it out. That advice that sounds safe, but suggesting you waste your time so easily is lazy advice and it isn't in your best interest. You need a reason to continue, not a reason to quit. 

• fcas80

Stick it out, get your credentials, and get a better job.

When mba ends or you get hurt, you would want your masters, you sound very smart, go for it

is this expensive or cheap?  how can you judge without knowing the cost?  and what sort of work do you see yourself doing if a) you quit and b) you complete the program?

• John

Based on the fact you took the program solely for self-enrichment, I would recommend you withdraw and cut your losses at this point.  This particular program is clearly not what you were looking for.