Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Do you believe that Covid-19 is no worse than the normal flu?

It is worse than the flu. At first, I was very much part of the group who believed it was the equivalent to the flu. Since then, I have lost 3 loved ones (2 of which under the age of 50) and have gotten the virus myself. It was been two months since I had the virus and I still do not have a sense of smell. 

It's infection and mortality rate are significantly higher than the flu you heathen 

As it's at higher numbers than the regular flu and we do have a larger number of fatalities, I'll readily admit that it is worse than the regular flu......BUT we are over-reacting to a large degree. The survival rate is high, even among healthy senior citizens,

I see the destruction of COVID-19, not flu. So I will definately say COVID-19 is worser.

• KTJoe

Covid is way worst, than the flu, otherwise work at home, virtual schooling and social distance would not be the "call of the day".

The flu killed 34,157 people during the 2018-19 flu season. COVID-19 has killed 272,000 so far. And that's with lock-downs and social distancing that you don't see with the flu. So anyone who believes it's just a little flu are clueless morons.

I have no clue. Never had the flu where I'm bed ridden. Also I'm not really afraid of covid-19. The places where I go to isn't the safest places in the world. But it you eat health,good immune,take your vitamins. Shouldn't worry about covid or the flu. Past 8 months plus been feeling awesome. 

1/4 of a million people don't die from the flu each year.  The governments who rely on our tax dollars to operate would not shut states and countries down if this was just a flu.  No this is a World epidemic it is not just happening to you.  

• Jeff D

Covid-19 isn't a normal flu, per se, and it's generally worse than the "normal" flu which typically kills between 25,000 and 75,000 Americans per year.  The Hong Kong flu in 1968-9 killed about 100,000 Americans and the Spanish flu in 1918-9 killed over 600,000 Americans.

In terms of severity, Covid-19 will likely end up somewhere between the Hong Kong flu and the Spanish flu.

Absolutely not. I work for a major health insurance carrier. I get to see the medical claims and, more importantly, the clinical notes from different providers all over my state. It is IN NO WAY the flu.