Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootballEnglish Football · 2 months ago

VAR really is a pile of shyte isn't it ?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • F
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No it’s the moronic interpretation that’s wrong. 

Shearer and co were the first to moan about referees mistakes, but now every week they are campaigning for VAR to go.

They moan about marginal offsides. You can’t be a little bit offside but we’ll let it go. That can’t work. How much do you allow, 1mm, 1 cm, 1 m, 5 m? I think maybe to stop arguments, just the position of feet count. There was a goal disallowed the other week because the player pointed to where he wanted the ball played, and his hand was ruled offside, which is ridiculous.

Some fouls with a tiny amount of contact are being given, again , you can’t say oh you’re allowed a decent whack before it’s a foul.

On the plus side, Inthink all the cheating holding at corners has dramatically reduced because players know they’ll be caught, and the same with diving.

Where they really have problems is hand ball. You’re reaction time is about 1/2 sec. A ball kicked towards you from 5 yards will hit you way before that, so how can it be deliberate? In slow motion especially freeze frame, all handballs look deliberate and so they are being given. Maybe for clarity, the deliberate part should be removed from the laws and make any hand contact, hand ball. 

Tends to be the rule outside the box anyway because no one argues about it too much.

• Adam
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You have 2 choices

1. Get every decision correct to the letter of the law and keep VAR

2. Live with the fact that refs make mistakes and big mistakes will happen

People in favour of number 2 (i was one of them), knew this was coming on the introduction of VAR, but people claimed it would be better for the game. It's doing exactly what it set out to do, getting rid of refereeing mistakes to the letter of the rules. To me don't change it, either get rid, or keep it the way it is.

• CMD
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Think it's quite good myself, but the issue is the refs, they won't use it correctly.If VAR is removed we will still be in the same situation we are now. VAR is just a ref looking at a screen or being told by another ref what the out come is. If neither are very good and don’t use the tec as well as they should, or have already made minds up, then the out come will be the same no matter what.I personally believe referees are purposely making bad calls to sabotage this VAR situation, so that at the end of the season VAR will be removed. See, VAR is a step closer to removing human adjudication the next step is motion sensors in the ball, Mocap style clothing to judge player and ball interaction and more line tec like Goal lien tec. Yes this is years off but VAR represents a step towards that and my guess is human referees do not like the idea of being replaced.This situation does beg the question; why are they not having this issue in other leagues, and;  what are the English referees doing differently. 

• ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

It's so annoying, this is not the game we all fell in love with, did the creators of the game in the 1800's ever intend for the offside rule to be carried out to the mm? I don't think so, did they ever intend for a light tap on the foot centimetres into the box with 3 defenders in front of you to be the game changing moment? No, this is football for pvssies 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • sometimes it's a pile of shyte truths , unfortunately, VAR gets the right decision, and in the long run, the right decision will benefit our team, i want to see consistency and treating each case fairly, ie getting the correct decision whereever possible, like the shot that was deemed not to have gone over the line by <1cm, imagine that was a world cup final, don't know about you but i wouldn't want my team Spain, to have won by an incorrect decision, it'd never feel comfortable, you want to win and believe and feel that your team justly deserved to win, that way you celebrate with a clear conscience and psyche

Don't think i agree with "contact" in the game being give as  a pen, this was a clear case, he kicked the guys foot,, that isn't just contact, Jurgen knows this 2 so i'tll be interesting to watch the interview..

LFCYNWA

edit hold on this wasn't asked relative to todays game was it?,  lol just noticed @Maggie answered 2 hours ago, ie before todays match......?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No, Liverpool just suck

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Yep.                      

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.