Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 2 months ago

How can anybody make the argument that Brady is even in the same class as Mahomes?

Career QB rating: 

Brady: 96.9

Mahomes: 110.3

Playoff QB rtg: 

Brady: 89.8

Mahomes: 106.6

Playoff win %: 

Brady: 73.1%

Mahomes: 80%

SBs per season as starter: 

Brady: .263

Mahomes: .500 

Rushing: 

Brady: 3.5 per game, 1.7 per attempt

Mahomes: 49 per game, 4.6 per attempt. 

Update:

@Nick- You're really grasping at straws if you're ignoring the passing numbers and debating rushing numbers. Mahomes is better no matter how you want to spin it,. Mahomes is a decent runner. Brady ran the same 40 time as 400 pound Jared Lorenzen and has the second worst VJ in 20 years among QBs.    

Update 2:

@Entropy- 

1)  Mahomes didn't choose his age. We can only work with the evidence we have available.

2) I don't know about that. Brady had guys like Randy Moss, Welker and Ocho Cinco.  Kelce's good but he's not Gronk. Belichick has 2 rings before he met Brady. Walrus had ZERO. 

3) If you want to go there, there are a lot more impactful rules changes than that. Let's see you justify Brady being better than Staubach or Favre if we adjust for rules changes. 

Update 3:

@Entropy(con)- Regardless, both QBs played most of their career after those rules. Do I really need to go through the stats to prove you wrong? 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Dave
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

There's 18 years between them, can't make the comparison, right now Mahomes, but from a career standpoint, Brady.

• ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

He isn't this year.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Things are really fishy.

• 2 months ago

Brady has more rings but I also agree with Entropy.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Nick
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Your rushing number for Mahomes is way off. He is averaging 17 yards a game not 50.

Anyway, Mahomes's 3 season's are on par with the best 3 seasons of Brady's career. It's a great start but longevity does matter.

_________

I mention your error for the sake of getting it right and no other reason. Frankly, Mahomes doesn't need any favors, the reality is elite enough.

• 2 months ago

You're comparing apples and oranges.

First of all, there's the longevity problem.  Brady has played a career spanning two FULL decades, while Mahomes has only started for 4 years now.

Second, Mahomes has a MUCH more talent rich supporting cast on offense and better offensive playcallers.

Third, much of Brady's career includes the era before the Ty Law rule, and before the tightening of targetting rules that allow small receivers to run across the middle with impunity and make rushing the passer a 15 yard penalty (effectively).

Mahomes looks like he's on pace to obliterate alot of all-time marks if his career goes the way it's going.  But he's just getting started.  Calm down.  You don't have to be an instant pundit like Stephen A Smith or other morons.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.