What puzzled you when you were a young kid?

My gran used to tell me to get up from the cold ground or I would get 'piles'.  ''Piles of what'' I'd ask.  ''You'll sharp know when you get them'' she'd say ruffling my hair and popping a sweet in my mouth.

@ Elizabeth.  I loved your answer, made me laugh.x

• ?

One of my most vivid childhood memories is going to the swimming pool with my mam and brother. I was about 5 years old, my brother three years older. I remember mothers and kids being there ... no dads around ... must have been a mothers hour or something (this is relevant, although as a woman, it's embarrassing when I explain why).

Within about 3 minutes of arriving at the pool and my mam standing at the till paying for us, my brother decided to stick his head between the upright posts of a metal handrail at the side of some steps. And then couldn't get his head back out.

I remember the laughs ... and then my brother starting to cry ... and then the panic as mothers all gathered around and couldn't get his head back out. This went on for what seemed like an eternity.

Eventually my mam, upset, phoned my dad at work to tell him what was going on. My dad arrived  ... looked at the situation ... went out to the car, got the jack, and used it to flex the bars enough for my brother to be freed. I'd say it took him about 20 seconds (hence the embarrassment for my gender there).

And I remember being puzzled as to how a human head could travel between bars in one direction but not in the other. When I got home, I remember prodding my head and finding it bony at all points. I waited until my brother was asleep, sneaked into his room, and then started poking his head to see if bits of it were squishy or something to explain it.

Nothing. I thought I knew everything. Turns out I knew nothing. But I know it all, NOW!

Sounds LIKE cutting EDGE advice......😂😂😂😂

Yes,those are  good kwetchuns,McWeasel.TU

I couldn't figure out why they paid us to eat somewhere,but it was only Dad getting change back.They got more of a kick out of it than I did.

When I was 10 my brother and I would kill time in the drug store, looking at sexy book cover women. I asked him 'why does my dink get hard when I look at these?, but he got mad and would not explain it.  I'm 43 now.  Anyone?

Why cans of whipped cream would be in the fridge, but we kids never got any.

I never understood  why Wile E. Coyote  KEPT buying from ACME,   when their products were always so clearly defective and never worked right. 

I also never understood,  that if he could order all those  crazy contraptions,  why couldn't he just order out for dinner?   Or order a dozen roadrunners in a crate?