Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

What causes acid in throat?

I mixed gravy granules with hot water as you should and added onions, pepper,  chilli and salt spices. After eating it as an accompaniment l got serious blockage and acid in my throat. Is the gravy that caused it?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Its more likely to have been the onion or pepper or the chilli in the gravy.

Maybe if you'd cooked the onion/pepper before adding to the gravy granules mix, [they dont cook through enough in hot water], they need longer cooking to 'soften' the sharp flavour.    

• L
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

The pepper, chili and spices causes it.  To slow the cause down............drink tons of liquid and when you go to bed at night............sleep on your left side.

• 2 months ago

Often people can have heart burn or acid reflux after eating spicy foods.  So depending on how much chili you added that might be a cause. 

It also might have been effected by other items you ate with the gravy. 

the granules or any bullion is high in salt and that might also have been part of the problem. 

And it can be cumulative so if you have over indulged with rich foods the past few days that also might be a cause. 

If it does not happen often I would not worry. 

Tums, or other "antacid' should help. (a friend used to mix a bit of baking soda with with water and that worked in a pinch)

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You are suffering from Acid Reflux. Don't do that anymore. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Alpha
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That would depend on what you ate with the gravy mix. While the spices could be a possible cause, you ate it will other foods which you did not state.

That acid in your throat is called, acid reflux.  There are many causes for it and can include sensitivity to certain spices or even foods. There are even medical conditions that are not related to food sensitivity that can cause acid reflux.

If it is the spice that caused it, you should be able to neutralize it by consuming something with fat along with the suspected food item.  The hot burning sensation for spices is due to a chemical compound call, capsaicin which although is NOT water soluble, it is fat soluble.

• 2 months ago

Gravy granules?  What the heck is that?  

You ATE them?  And now don't feel good?  ...yeah, I'd say that is probably your problem...

• ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

gravy granules   ???????

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Acid Reflux(Gerd) which the stomach produces to much acid from spicy greasy foods and comes up throat with burning sensation. Need to possibly limit spices. Cause if it keeps getting worse can end up with peptic ulcer which is a bad problem. Tho could try some over counter acid reflux pills if dont wanna give up spices

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.