Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

How do I make my fiancé see that a prenup is unnecessary?

I'm getting married in 6 months. I'm 24, my fiancé is 46. His daughters have convinced him he needs a pre-nup to protect his money but I think its bad luck to make a divorce agreement before a wedding and i don't want to do it. What shall I do?

• L

Since he's the one with the assets...................a Prenup is required.

• ?

has your friend been married before or does she want you for te money , think carefully ..

• car253

Daughters are right.   Get the pre-nup.    It is peace of mind for the daughters and the family to know you are not after their dad's money.     

Big mistake to marry someone 20 years older than you.     Someone is just using someone else.   Who is using who ?    And, you will find out the marriage may not last because you live in different worlds.  

But at least if you marry give his daughters peace of mind by doing the pre-nup.   It is the least thing you can do for them.    Or, you will always look horrible in their eyes.

DO THE PRE-NUP.    Don't be stupid. 

It depends how good you look and how happy you can make him, the rest is immaterial. These kids should make their own money and mind their own business. 

You shall sign a pre-nup or forget about marrying this man. 

His daughters are pretty smart. It's not bad luck to plan for a future. YOU might think it's unnecessary, but it's not a bad idea at all--and if you really love him, you'll sign. 

His daughters are very smart and you have been exposed lol

Don't marry him.  Seriously, he's old enough to be your father.  He has grown children.  The fact that he's interested in you is a red flag - there's something wrong with men who want women who are young enough to be their children.  Also, think about the long term implications.  Let's say that against all odds, the relationship survives for 25 years.  He's 71.  He needs help with getting around.  He's developing memory problems.  You're his caretaker.  Ten years pass and he degrades even more, and dies.  You're now 59 years old and widowed.  You have little chance of finding a new partner.  Soon you'll be slowing down and need a caretaker, but you have nobody.

Find someone your own age.

How can I make your fiance see that marring you is unnecessary.

• Eva

His daughters are looking out for their own interests since he is marrying a woman that's probably about their age.  They don't want to risk losing daddy's money to a newcomer.

If you love him then you should sign the prenup but it should state that you get a % of what he makes after you marry him.