Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

Has anyone else done this before (asking questions on Yahoo)?

I'd say a good 75% of my questions are legit. I ask them because I genuinely need advice, or I am interested asking a polls and survey question. That said, I also believe that I give helpful advice to the questions I choose to answer. Though they can occasionally be amusing, I can't stand some questions that are obviously fake and/or inappropriate. I have (and will) never post one of those. 

Here are the other types of questions I ask (other ~25%): 1) I know I'll probably annoy some people with this, but I have a passion for creative writing. Sometimes, I am not an expert on a topic or I am uncertain as to how other characters would react, so I pose a question from the point of view of my character. I suppose I could frame it as: "I'm writing a novel" but I prefer to come up with a realistic scenario to see how random people would feel/react/think. 

2) I post some hypothetical questions, which may or not pertain to me at some point in my life. I just am curious about what advice people will give, and I always like to be prepared for possible tricky situations later on.

3) I post some questions from the point of view of actual people. Say my sister is going through a problem, I'll ask the question. I suppose it isn't bad, as I could refer to her 'as my sister' but sometimes I just find it easier. 

Perhaps some can relate? If this makes me a bad Yahoo user, then I guess I'm sorry. The advice people are giving is NOT for nothing!  

How do people feel about me doing this?

I'm sorry. I guess I just don't understand what about my question is wrong. I know it's long, and I apologize about that, but it DOES in fact have a question and it is not a rant. Please read through before reporting, but I do realize I could have shortened this. Also, I'm confused. If Yahoo Answers doesn't allow people to give the OP advice, then what is the purpose? Aren't you supposed to ask for help? 

Ok, I understand and will rephrase my question better in the future ! thank u to those who had helpful responses

No I'm really sorry I violated the rules. I will not be doing that again! And I do apologize. 

• Mercy

This would be considered a "Chat violation".  .... whenever you ask "What do you think.....?"

YOu can get away with that in the "POlls and Surveys " category.

You are suppose to ask knowledge requiring questions .... starting with maybe : Why, Where, What, When for example.

• LAN

But since you think that this chat violation is OK your opinion doesn't carry a lot of weight.

• Daniel

This is not a Advice Kind of Place and Also a lot of Polls and Survey Types of Question can be counted as Chat and Chat is not Allowed on here

https://answers.yahoo.com/info/community_guideline...

YA IS NOT AN ADVICE column. As long as you insist on misusing YA as an advice column, people are justified in reporting your questions, including this question which is a?statement and a rant that exploits and wastes the time of the entire YA community. YA is supposed to have a STRICT question answer format. There are legitimate reasons why YA has NEVER had reply or respond buttons. 

Thumbing down my answer just PROVES MY points. I do not like having my time , life experience and knowledge being willfully exploited. NO ONE DOES. 

• Ann

This is way too long for anyone to read.