patricia asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 2 months ago

who is the best film director ever?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Alfred Hitchcock

• 2 months ago

Kinda funny  Cecil B. DeMille isn't even mentioned. 

I mean, they only named the damned award after him! 

• 2 months ago

Steven Spielberg, Martin Scorcese, George A Romero, Sam Raimi, Quentin Tarantino, Peter Jackson, Paul Verhoeven, John G Avilsden, John Carpenter.

• Mike W
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If you go by number of Academy Awards for Best Director, it would be John Ford, he's won the award 4 times.  Frank Capra and William Wyler won it 3 times.  

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

There is not one best film director ever, but I like most Hitchcock, Chaplin and Kubrick.

• 2 months ago

If you're using box office success as a factor, nobody is better than Steven Spielberg.  If you're using any other factor, same answer.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It's always an opinion but you cant go wrong with these biggest names.

Scorsese, Spielberg, Kubrick, Stone, DePalma, Tony Scott, Ridley Scott, Chris Nolan.

Some of my personal favorites. 

It also depends on the project.

I think Ben Affleck did a very good job directing "Town", but hes not considered one of the greatest.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Takashi Miike. He’s directed over 100 movies. He’s known for making really violent and disturbing movies like Audition, Dead Or Alive, Visitor Q, Gozu, Three Extremes, Ichi The Killer he also makes all genre films. He’s hands down the best director of all time.

• V.G
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Quentin Tarantino & Guy Ritchie.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Alfred Hitchcock                             

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.