What are some options for working around doors casings/jams when laying laminate flooring?

Most installers undercut the door facing and jam to the thickness of the flooring and slip it under. You can find examples on YouTube if you check.

• T C

I would use an oscillating saw (multi-tool) …they are great for many projects.

For the flooring

Lay a piece of your laminate down next to the casing ….the saw blade rests on the laminate for a nice even fit.

Listen to Spock. I can't add anything. You can use a hand saw to cut off the bottom half inch+  It is way easier than trying to cut tile to match the wall and around the casings/jambs.  Next month you may want to change the casings for the latest style. but now you have carved up the tile so it SHOWS under the slimmer casing look.(I mean I don't know what is coming down the pipe but who knows.

the usual professional installer uses a wood cut off wheel [saw blade] is a 4.5 inch angle grinder to trim the bottom edge of the door casing off and then slides the flooring under it -- thus, at that point, the fit isn't critical because no one will ever be able to see it.  - grampa