Best way to store electronics?

I rebuild and restore old iPods and iPhones as their value goes up. I have quite a few already restored to original condition and I’m wondering what the best way to store them would be. I have them in sandwich bags because I couldn’t think of anything better to prevent scratches. 

Does anyone have a better way to store electronics, any type of bag or storage container designed for this etc 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Best robot vacuums 2021 from https://robots-vacuums.ru/

• 2 months ago

The baggies do fine to prevent some scratches and dings, wrap them in cotton fleece and put in a rugged box and label. wouldn't hurt to put a packet of desiccant  with the device, prevents condensation and humidity.

• 2 months ago

Wrap them in paper and put them in bags.

Do not allow two different plastic surfaces to stay in direct contact long-term, as the dyes and plasticisers can "leech" from one to the other.

That especially applies to any soft cases for such devices - they can end up transferring patterns or even "melting in" to the surface to some extent.

Keep all the items separated so they can not interact.

• 2 months ago

I usually store electronics in my freezer, or in a pile of leaves in my back yard.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

You can buy or make desiccant packets. I think the best bags are metalized if you can find one. All standard plastics allow some air passing through them.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.