Richard asked in SportsFootballEnglish Football · 2 months ago

Diego Maradona - Hero or villain?

Update:

'Villain' refers to using his hand to score against England in the World Cup semi-finals of 1986.

55 Answers

Relevance
  • Favourite answer

Both.  A footballing genius, and also someone who did some unsavoury things.

• 1 month ago

A flawed person but sublime footballer. Yes, he cheated - but what forward in the penalty box doesn't with diving?

• 2 months ago

Hero for Argentina,there is no doubt

• oubaas
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

An astonishing football player, a very "poor" man ; may he rest in peace, anyway  !!!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Overrated IMHO - but may he rest in peace.

I don't think this world will get better socially or biologically so - in a way he is lucky.

I remember his escapades more than his goals - and that is because I was maybe a toddler when he made his famous goals - but a young adult when hearing about the controversial stuff.

Nevertheless my he rest in peace. 

The rest of us are left to tough it out in this uncertain world full of madness - but I hope we're all up to the task. 

• As a player he was astonishing.... but his personality off field was trash. drugs, alcohol and legal problems, plus he was a communist, he was a friend of Fidel Castro, he was also a Chavista and supporter of Venezuela’s Nicolas  Maduro............

RIP.. Diego.. “El Pibe de Oro”.....

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

He superhero guy

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Loser in this personal life

• 2 months ago

I heard he was alcoholic, addicted to drugs and use to cheat, on top of that I heard he was racist

• Ann
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Don't know enough about him. In fact, it was in death that I discovered he existed.

• 2 months ago

Well, he managed to cheat at football, but he failed to cheat death.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.