Richard asked in SportsFootballEnglish Football · 2 months ago

Diego Maradona - Hero or villain?

'Villain' refers to using his hand to score against England in the World Cup semi-finals of 1986.

• Favourite answer

Both.  A footballing genius, and also someone who did some unsavoury things.

A flawed person but sublime footballer. Yes, he cheated - but what forward in the penalty box doesn't with diving?

Hero for Argentina,there is no doubt

• oubaas

An astonishing football player, a very "poor" man ; may he rest in peace, anyway  !!!

Overrated IMHO - but may he rest in peace.

I don't think this world will get better socially or biologically so - in a way he is lucky.

I remember his escapades more than his goals - and that is because I was maybe a toddler when he made his famous goals - but a young adult when hearing about the controversial stuff.

Nevertheless my he rest in peace. 

The rest of us are left to tough it out in this uncertain world full of madness - but I hope we're all up to the task. 

• As a player he was astonishing.... but his personality off field was trash. drugs, alcohol and legal problems, plus he was a communist, he was a friend of Fidel Castro, he was also a Chavista and supporter of Venezuela’s Nicolas  Maduro............

RIP.. Diego.. “El Pibe de Oro”.....

He superhero guy

Loser in this personal life

I heard he was alcoholic, addicted to drugs and use to cheat, on top of that I heard he was racist

• Ann

Don't know enough about him. In fact, it was in death that I discovered he existed.

Well, he managed to cheat at football, but he failed to cheat death.