Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

What's the meaning of life?

• BJ

The question of the meaning of life may be asked in many ways, such as Why are we here? or Does my life have a purpose? The Bible shows that our purpose in life is to build a friendship with God.

• 1 week ago

The meaning of life is to live. I'm sure you've heard of it, and don't let pain and suffering detach you from reality. I don't claim to have all the answers, I don't know how it all started. In my mind it makes sense it started off as "nothing". But I don't really know. Brain is known for believing false conceptions. Your question is alright though, we want to know more and the answer. There's always a spot to look at, so you'll never lose yourself and your horizons.

The principle of life or living; the animate existence, or term of animate existence, of an individual. As to earthly, physical life, things possessing life generally have the capabilities of growth, metabolism, response to external stimuli, and reproduction.

Solomon’s verdict that life’s meaning cannot be divorced from a wholesome fear of God was repeatedly confirmed by Jesus Christ. “It is written,” Jesus said, quoting God’s Word, “Man must live, not on bread alone, but on every utterance coming forth through Jehovah’s mouth.” (Matthew 4:4; Deuteronomy 8:3) Yes, for one’s life to be fulfilling, the spiritual dimension cannot be ignored. Of himself, Jesus said further: “My food is for me to do the will of him that sent me and to finish his work.” (John 4:34) Obediently serving his heavenly Father was a source of joy and satisfaction. It nourished him. It gave purpose to his life.

Source(s): The Bible’s Viewpoint What Is the Meaning of Life? https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/101995330?q=li...

There is no meaning of life. Anyone who thinks there is, is a moron.

We were created to be in relationship with God, but we are separated from Him because of our sin. The truth is that death leads to heaven or hell, and the only way to heaven is through faith in Jesus Christ.

The Bible is very clear that no one can earn their way to heaven since good works do not pay for sins. See Gal. 2:16, Rom. 3:23-28, 4:4-5, Eph. 2:8-9, Tit. 3:5. The only way to heaven is by believing in Jesus for His free gift of eternal life. Jesus shed His blood on the cross as the full payment for our sins. He did all the work; all He requires of us is that we believe in Him. Once you believe in Jesus Christ to save you, you are secure forever!

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him for it. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

It's our opportunity to get to know and serve our Creator and Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, and to get prepared for eternity.  Unfortunately, most people don't take that opportunity and will end up in hell.  For more information, please read the New Testament.  I suggest starting with the Gospel of John.   Basically, one needs to humbly ask God to forgive them of any known sin, to trust that Jesus Christ died for their sins and rose again the third day, and to ask Him into their life as Lord and Savior.   He is a faithful friend.  Please don't delay.  No one is promised tomorrow. 

That man might work for an abundant life and joy

Well God made me a witness for him. Jesus Christ is Lord

God made you for one reason only: to have a relationship with him (for his good pleasure).

If you miss this, you miss the very reason why you exist.

Explained in detail in Isaiah 43:7.