Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 2 months ago

How much will Washington Football Team gear go for in 40 years?

@MtFbWM

that's not what I said. 

Google how much the gear of inactive & defunct teams like the Houston Oilers go for and that will give you an indication of how much stuff with "Washington Redskins" on it might be worth in the years to come.

I think in 40 years if not sooner their will be nothing with the Redskins logo to purchase.

• ?

Redskins gear has beet incredibly popular over the years so it will remain so or even get more expensive. The new 'dumbed down' versions will fail at that .Why would you wear something that is a symbol of political correctness?

• ?

It might be useful as shop rags in a garage. Not much, I think.

I don't know, but if any of the Snyder family owns the team, they will still s**k, even though they "win" every offseason, they will never practice hard during the week. and they will still always quit after about three quarters. 

Think they already said they won't have a new name next season, so if you are going for the one-off hope it's not likely to happen. Also with as little as they changed things it's not going to have some cool unique look, and since Synder owns the team still it's not even some good story(if some new owner had come in and said NO MORE and had to use the name for a year it would be a good story, instead it was clearly Synder was finally pressured and gave in). So in reality it isn't likely to be worth much, but hey we won't know for sure until 2060.

I have no idea and neither does anyone else.

• Nick

Assuming that they rename next year and don't play as the football team forever and so you just have this single season of gear with that branding with a good story behind it... I dunno. It'd help if they make the playoffs and get an upset once there. If it happened 40 years ago it'd go for a premium but these days people save stuff for that reason.

Impossible to know.

What makes something valuable as a collector item is a combination of limited supply AND high demand.  Something can be rare and still be worthless.  Something can be an antique and still be worthless.  You need someone to be trying to acquire it.

Any guess about whether there will be a demand for this stuff in 40 years is pure speculation.

Probably not a lot since they’re an unsuccessful team.