Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

how do i deal with relationships with women if my kid could be disabled?

I already have never had a date before and there are just more and more reasons to never get one. When I was 16 I found out I was born with 22q deletion. My parents just got unlucky that I was born with it 1 in 16,000 or something and if I now have a kid the percentage goes to like 50 percent chance. Obviously technology can be different etc but most girls I have met are dying for the day they get to have kids how am I supposed to say oh yeah by the way your kid might be disabled 

Update:

im 22 now btw. things have changed a lot but im still not getting anywhere so far either way so i don't even know why im asking this but it's obviously one of the hurdles for dating now

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

That's just something you have to talk through with a potential partner. Everyone who has children has to deal with the possibility of running into some sort of complications, possible disability, possible deformity, defect, or whatever. Your chances are just a bit higher, that's all. I feel like the majority of women will always love their children no matter how they come out. I mean, they carry the thing around for nine months and then expel it from their bodies in a crazy, painful, goopy mess. It's only natural that they feel a connection to the child. And people are really accepting of even the craziest of **** these days. I think you'll be ok, friend. You never know until you try anyways. Put yourself out there. You got this. I believe in you.

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Interact with other people.   Go on dates

If one starts to become serious,then tell her

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

you don't actually have to get every woman you ever date pregnant. in fact it is pretty rare for someone to have children with everyone they have ever been on a date with.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.