Has anyone that has hernia disc problems found a cure or way to get healed?

Typically, a herniated disc can heal on its own. Doctors may recommend a short period of rest or reduced activity, followed by a gradual increase inactivity. It is recommended to see your doctor if this applies to you.

If part of the disc annulus, or nucleus is pushing on a passing nerve causing  arm, or leg pain, then surgery is occasionally needed to relieve the pressure on the nerve.

Good news is that 95% of folks get better with time alone. If after 6-12 weeks, the pain in the arm/leg persists, then surgery may be needed.

If you have BACK pain , and not really leg pain, then the disc, or facet joints may be the culprit.  Radiofrequency nerve ablation can help with facet pain.

Think of degenerative disc disease (more common in smokers) as the Gray hair and wrinkles of the spine.

Yes, I have one (40 years) and the only true "cure" is to have surgery.  However, there is a chance of paralysis with that and no matter how small it is, I won't risk it.

Steroid shots worked to stop the nerve paid for about 30 years but stopped having an effect when I hit my 50s.  Suffered a lot of pain for years going to pain management specialists, then happened to read that Cymbalta stops nerve pain in some people.  Had my doctor put me on it and it has reduced the pain to the point that it can mostly be ignored.

• Tavy

My friend had one in his back. He had keyhole surgery and was back at work pain free in a week.

U.K.