Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 months ago

What do you think of this feminist quote?

Attachment image

30 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

I think Robin Morgan is willing to publicly say what most feminists think but won’t say publicly.  Feminist actions clearly show most feminists share this sentiment.    

• david
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Sounds about right. Provided the "hater" is at least willing to back off if and when it's discovered the hated isn't actually actively oppressing them. 

• 2 months ago

'Hatred' of anyone shouldn't be tolerated.  This woman and her ilk do not represent the majority of Feminists.  Oppression isn't to be tolerated either.  Women or men that share this view of the opposite gender are Sexist to the extreme and should never be encouraged.

If someone is trying to 'oppress' you, then you need to find support within your community and try to change public opinion, with discussions, trust and empathy and not hatred.

EDIT; from reading what Jerry has stated, it seems that I'm not a feminist, but an advocate of equality to all, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, ability, sexuality.....  Hatred is wrong and unhealthy.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Feminists like her are usually single with no families.  

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Let's just hope she didn't raise any male children. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

ROBIN  MORGAN DOES not SPEAK FOR ANYONE BUT robin Morgan THOSE ARE her thoughts AND WORD CHOICE

ALL WOMEN ALL PEOPLE ARE individuals  

feminism IS THE TERM FOR THE ACTION  OF peoples  advocacy  OF women  "rights "  ON THE BASIS OF equality  OF THE SEXES

BOTH MEN AND WOMEN  HAVE ENGAGED IN THE advocacy  FOR THE " rights"  OF WOMEN BASED ON EQUALITY OF THE SEXES

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Taking it out of context and stripping the italics loses some of its nuance:

"I feel that "man-hating" is an honorable and viable _political_ act, that the oppressed have a right to class-hatred against the _class_ that is oppressing them. And although there are exceptions (as in everything), i.e., men who are trying to be traitors to their own male class, most men cheerfully affirm their deadly class privileges and power. And I _hate_ that _class_."

At least Az Quotes did not omit the scare quotes around "man-hating". Sometimes antis distort the quote mine's meaning by removing them.

Source(s): "Lesbianism and Feminism: Synonyms or Contradictions?", published in _Going Too Far: The Personal Chronicle of a Feminist_, p. 178
  • donnie
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I think it’s sexist 

• Elana
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

At BEST it is a variant of "two wrongs make a right."

Realistically, it is the standard misandry that feminists claim doesn't exist.

• ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

quote , down with men , they like that , or all the way up with sex devices , wjo needs a man when an electronic thing will be just as effective ..you do know a man can get you pregnant but a toy cant ..

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.