Dayton
Dayton asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 2 months ago

What do you imagine the death toll will be from ending shutdown at XMAS?

probably ultimately lead to thousands of extra deaths in my opinion.

The problem is that if the government maintains lockdown over Christmas there will be civil unrest and widespread demonstrations that will spread the virus so Boris Johnson is between a rock and a hard place. 

Sensible people will maintain social distancing, but unfortunately youngsters are not too sensible. I definitely don't agree with pubs being given an extra hour for people to drink up. That's ridiculous as people will just order extra drinks to see them through it.

I certainly won't be visiting any pubs in the evening. It's madness. 

I think this lockdown was put into place to buy a few days at Christmas . Today in my local town I saw alot less people wearing masks in the street , maybe the penny is starting to drop that the government has totally lost it's mind over this virus and does not know which way to turn and these advisers need to be strongly cross questioned . At Christmas people need to be careful and take the same care as any other day . I had no intention of sitting at home going broke since March and like millions of other people I have carried on as normal within the guide lines , people who are afraid or have some underlaying problem should stay at home . I have known of about 4 people who had covid and all recovered . Just be careful and respectful of other peoples space.

No idea, but it means Lockdown 3 is a certainty. Insane.

• garry

gets my bell polished up , bring out your dead , undertakers get lucky again .. you know you can get rich with the dead ..lol

Im going to party like it's 1999😂

They are not putting  me at risk and will i be forced to go to relatives if they invite me over for Christmas

who trusts these people to  make the right decision about lifting lockdown over Christmas?

if we had testing then we would know if we have covid-19 and so there would be no problem about going to relatives etc. 

A few elderly people and those with chronic illnesses.

Large, lots of people mixing and getting drunk in confined places, it'll be carnage, Jesus wouldn't approve, hopefully the public have the good sense to ignore the idiot who is briefly in charge of the country

Very few as the figures are fudged they just want everybody to have the jab so they can make millions. Here is one who won't be having it.

Probably not much worse than it is now. The data indicates that infections seem to be occurring in workplaces. It is up to vulnerable people to decide if they are at risk and behave accordingly. The key thing is that the NHS is not overwhelmed.