Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

What does the Holy Bible say about racism ?

• ?

“[God] made out of one man every nation of men to dwell on the entire surface of the earth.”—Acts 17:26.

God created two humans, Adam and Eve, and he said to them: “Be fruitful and become many, fill the earth and subdue it.” (Genesis 1:28)  Adam and Eve came to be the father and mother of all humankind. Later, when a flood wiped out most of the earth’s population, four couples survived Noah and his wife along with their three sons and their wives. The Bible teaches that all of us descended from Noah’s sons. Genesis 9:18, 19.

Acts 10:34, 35 states: “God is not partial, but in every nation the man who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him.” For this reason, nobody can rightly consider one race to be superior to another.

Jesus set the standard for Christians when he said to his disciples: “All of you are brothers.” (Matthew 23:8) He prayed that his followers be united and be “perfected into one,” not divided or segregated.  1 Corinthians 1:10.

Will there ever be an end to racism?

In the final part of the days,

The mountain of the house of Jehovah

Will become firmly established above the top of the mountains,

And it will be raised up above the hills,

And to it all the nations will stream.

Learn more about What God has purposed for mankind, please read the article Why Do We Need God’s Kingdom?  I will send you the link to read it:  https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/watchtower...

Would you like to learn more about the Bible or about Jehovah’s Witnesses? If so, request a visit from one of Jehovah’s Witnesses by completing the form a Witness in your area will contact you.  Please watch the video: https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/request-a...

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Alert: In many areas, we have suspended our in-person visits and public meetings. Please include your telephone number when you complete the form a Witness in your area will contact you.

Source(s): jw.org

Jesus said: “Wisdom is proved righteous by its works.” (Matthew 11:19) Although the world has made much progress in technology, it has not been able to solve the major problems that prevent us from being happy, such as war, racism, and crime. In addition, the world views sexual immorality as acceptable. But many people admit that this destroys families, causes health problems, and has other bad consequences. What about Jehovah’s advice? Christians who have accepted Jehovah’s viewpoint have happier families, are healthier, and have peaceful relationships with their brothers and sisters around the world. (Isaiah 2:4; Acts 10:34, 35; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11) This clearly proves that Jehovah’s thinking is superior to the world’s.

The idea of human "races" didn't exist before modern times, not before the 1500s. So no ancient writer mentions "racism".

James 2:8 KJV — If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well.

Luke 6:31 KJV — And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

1 John 4:20 — If a man say, I love God, and hateth another, he is a liar: for he that loveth not others whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

• Acts 10:34 says that God is not partial, but in every nation, the man who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him. A Christian should not be racist but view every person as a potential disciple of Jesus Christ and a brother or sister.

Source(s): The Holy Bible
  • zipper

The BIBLE says nothing about race, once you get pass the concept of Jew and non Jew!

• Rjgmh

Racism is ridiculous. We are all decendents of Adam so we are all family. If you are a racist you reject your own family.

King James Version Bible

Song of Solomon Chapter 1

5. I [am] black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.

6. Look not upon me, because I [am] black, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother's children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; [but] mine own vineyard have I not kept.

Song of Solomon Chapter 5

10. My beloved [is] white and ruddy, the chiefest among ten thousand.

11. His head [is as] the most fine gold, his locks [are] bushy, [and] black as a raven.

12. His eyes [are] as [the eyes] of doves by the rivers of waters, washed with milk, [and] fitly set.

Acts Chapter 10

34. Then Peter opened [his] mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

35. But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Song of Solomon Chapter 2

16. My beloved [is] mine, and I [am] his: he feedeth among the lilies.

Song of Solomon Chapter 4

8. Come with me from Lebanon, [my] spouse, with me from Lebanon: look from the top of Amana, from the top of Shenir and Hermon, from the lions' dens, from the mountains of the leopards.

John Chapter 7

24. Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Numbers Chapter 12

1. And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman.

2. And they said, Hath the LORD indeed spoken only by Moses? hath he not spoken also by us? And the LORD heard [it].

3. (Now the man Moses [was] very meek, above all the men which [were] upon the face of the earth.)

4. And the LORD spake suddenly unto Moses, and unto Aaron, and unto Miriam, Come out ye three unto the tabernacle of the congregation. And they three came out.

5. And the LORD came down in the pillar of the cloud, and stood [in] the door of the tabernacle, and called Aaron and Miriam: and they both came forth.

6. And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, [I] the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, [and] will speak unto him in a dream.

7. My servant Moses [is] not so, who [is] faithful in all mine house.

8. With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the LORD shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?

James Chapter 5

9. Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.

Numbers Chapter 12

9. And the anger of the LORD was kindled against them; and he departed.

10. And the cloud departed from off the tabernacle; and, behold, Miriam [became] leprous, [white] as snow: and Aaron looked upon Miriam, and, behold, [she was] leprous.

11. And Aaron said unto Moses, Alas, my lord, I beseech thee, lay not the sin upon us, wherein we have done foolishly, and wherein we have sinned.

12. Let her not be as one dead, of whom the flesh is half consumed when he cometh out of his mother's womb.

13. And Moses cried unto the LORD, saying, Heal her now, O God, I beseech thee.

14. And the LORD said unto Moses, If her father had but spit in her face, should she not be ashamed seven days? let her be shut out from the camp seven days, and after that let her be received in [again].

15. And Miriam was shut out from the camp seven days: and the people journeyed not till Miriam was brought in [again].

Titus Chapter 3

29. [Is he] the God of the Jews only? [is he] not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:

1 Peter Chapter 2

17. Honour all [men]. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.

Philippians Chapter 2

14. Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

Ecclesiastes Chapter 3

20. All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

Galatians Chapter 3

28. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

• ?

It says that all humans are beloved children of God, and are called to treat one another as brothers and sisters, with love and respect.

Since God created us all, why would He speak against us?  The Bible mentions slavery, but this is slavery of whites and blacks, not just blacks.  Slaves were those who lost the war when tribes fought against each other.  God says that we are all "fearfully and wonderfully made" and He loves us all.