How did you cope with the loss of a pet.?

My mom's dog is very ill and she made the hard choice of putting her down tomorrow morning before I wake up. I'm a mess. That dog has been in my life since I was 10, I'm 22 now. I have no idea how to cope. I've never lost anyone that close to me before. She was my best friend. To try and distract myself, I went to visit my dad who is currently raising my two sisters. But ended up just being sad and irritable while there. I thought about inviting my teenage sister over for a movie night or something so I wouldn't have to be alone tonight. I also thought about asking to take my toddler sister for the night because I love caring for her and I thought doing so might distract me. They don't know the dog they have nothing to do with my mother she's not their mother. I decided against it because I wasn't sure if I would make it to the whole night without crying and I didn't want to make them miserable or sad or confused. I thought about spending the night at my dad's, he lives an hour and a half away so I wouldn't have made it home till probably the afternoon tomorrow, and by then the dog would have been gone. But again I didn't want to do so in case I end up having a rough night. I don't know how to handle this

get another.....................

The same as when my best friend died.

The passage of time will help.  Right now, just put away your dog's things, because they're raw reminders.  Then, keep yourself busy with ordinary chores and projects, (but don't overdo it.)

you just think of her going to a better place then keep as busy as possible.