What do you consider to be old?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

60... I guess...

• 2 months ago

/lknlae;]ybwiouenr'ilyb'pqeonr46]0p97qeioylbk

• 2 months ago

Well, there was a time when I thought becoming 40 would be pretty old. Now I'm almost 80 and I don't feel too old yet.

• 2 months ago

There are two popular metrics for answering your question.  Maturity is one, and time is the other.

We have for example, the 20 yo who acts beyond his age.  He's acting like an older person would by making mature well reasoned decisions.  That 20 yo is old because he acts old which means mature.

Then there is the chronological age, the years lived.  That one has been creeping up steadily in the industrialized nations.  In the past 150 years or so, the average life span of Americans has risen from about 40 yo to about 79 yo.  [See source.]  

So old by years has risen from prior to 40 yo to prior to roughly 80 yo.  I say "prior" because we see these people slow down and weaken, grow old, before they pass away.

Source(s): Over the past 160 years, life expectancy (from birth) in the United States has risen from 39.4 years in 1860, to 78.9 years in 2020.Aug 17, 2020 • United States: life expectancy 1860-2020 | Statista
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

• Cousin
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

One hundred. When you hit 100 you are definitely starting to get old.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

yesterday ..........

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

nothing.......

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I had a grandma live to 100 & two other grandparents died in their 80s, so around that.

• 2 months ago

not going to rate being over 70 because there are good people over the age...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.