Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 2 months ago

Is it wrong if I don’t want to be around my black schoolmates?

If you treat me nice, I’ll treat you nice. Idc what color you are, but the majority of my black schoolmates are disrespectful. They call the teachers “bruh,” listen to loud rap music in class, randomly shout “brrr” whatever that means. Just act wild and immature. My white classmates don’t do these things. 

I dread being in classes with majority black students. 

So you are trying to say that you hate African Americans for acting in ways that are part of their culture. I am sure that many of them feel the same way about YOU, too. That's how all racism gets started, you know. Not all African Americans act the way your class and school mates do. Some of them have actually been raised to behave differently. But because you have seen a few people act in a way you think is wrong, you now generalize and assume that everyone with brown skin automatically acts that way too. What would happen, I wonder, if someone made the same kind of assumptions about YOU because of your WHITE skin color?

As for your classmates shouting "brrr", has it ever entered your head that they might be doing this because they are COLD?? It's a common way to say that one is cold. I'm sure you've done the same thing yourself when you were cold or in a chilly place. So why aren't your classmates allowed to do this? And more to the point, in what way does that threaten YOU? People act racist because they are scared a lot of the time. They don't understand why certain people act the way they do, and it's easy to fall into the trap of hating and fearing what one doesn't understand or what can't be explained. That's what lies at the core of most of the "isms" that people think of- whether about race, sex, or whatever. It's the hatred and fear of that which can't be explained or is unknown. The more ignorant a person is, the more likely it is that he or she will also become racist.

Hello, I am white but my children are black. Just to get you to understand where I’m coming from. I don’t think your wrong with saying you don’t like their behavior but the saying birds of a feather flock together. Open your mind and one day you might see another person that is black and not act like that. It gives you a false thought about BLACK people. I know many that I love and love me. There are bad  and good people in all races. Just keep an open mind it’s not all black people it’s just a few of your class mates. I bet most of them don’t act like this in front of there mothers or grandmothers. Just trying to fit in... sorry you have jerks as classmates. 

I don't like black people sexually. I could never go to bed with a black woman. As for their nature, my best mate was a black person. We hung out for years. He was great. I don't think their nature is because they are black. It has more chance to be because of their dealings with prejudice people. A lot of them are told, I'm your enemy even by cops. Just seem pleased with them and they won't feel they have to keep up the hard case cool dude routine around you.

You shouldn't base what you think of them by their race, more by their actions. If you don't like them and they happen to be black that is completely okay! Just remember that not everybody is that way because of their skin color and that there are deeper issues leading to their behavior.

be nice and talk to them...we are all human beings..I had a black friend in Army and I will see her again in Heaven!!

• Cathy

That is wrong only if you attend a government school

Source(s): www.FFF.org
  • ?

You are justified in being selective regarding your classmates.

There is nothing wrong with discerning the kind of manners you wish to have in your friends. From your question you do not seem to be basing it on skin colour, rather in content of character.