5mph ticket in PA?

I got a ticket for going 5 mph (it was more than that but the cop lowered it) i paid my ticket online but will I still get points? And do I have to turn it into my insurance? 

Your insurance company will automatically be notified, and you will likely get points, though probably not anything too bad just for a 5mph ticket.  You should be able to look up the specifics of that with your ticket to see exactly how many points you may have, and what other effects it may have. 

• Archer

No, your insurance company will be notified.

There is not claim to file. WHEN your policy is due for renewal, you have ALREADY authorized them to pull your record.

Your insurance company will submit the ticket to your insurance company, or they will find it when they do their monthly checks with the Secretary of state

No.  The violation is part of your driving record and any insurance carrier that runs your name will see the violation.

You don't have to report it.  It's a matter of reciprocity.  Some states have reciprocity with others, some don't.  For instance, PA borders MD, but the two states don't have reciprocity, dos if you get a ticket in one, it isn't reported to the other.  So if your state has reciprocity with PA, the state will report it and your insurance will know.  If there's no reciprocity, then your insurance won't. know. 

• CB

You will get points look it up using google - you do NOT have to tell your insurance - they (insurance) do record checks when you change coverage (add, delete or change your insurance). Good chance (if you are careful) that if the insurance checks in a couple of years that you will not be penalized because the points will be negated.