Patrick asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 2 months ago

Should I get a big TV? 65+?

I think I should get a new TV. My wife thinks that we shouldn't get a new TV, because the one we have is fine/

Should I just buy a TV?

• 555555

Buy a projector and screen instead if you have a room that you can control light in.

Ask yourself two questions:

Do we really have the money for it?

Is there room in the garage for the TV, and the couch I'll be sleeping on?

If you want to, sure.

For most homes a 65 inch TV would be far too large.

• ?

Marriage means taking your spouse’s opinions into account.

If your room is large enough, and if you’re paying for the TV yourself then that still may not be enough. Many people, not just women, think that oversized TVs are horrible. 

Also consider what you’ll be spending. Is there anything else that your wife, family or home need more? Or do the economic uncertainties caused by CV-19 mean that spending that much money right now is truly justified?

Marriages have ended over this. I know: I used to sell TVs for a living.

Your life, your decision. But if your choice comes across as being a selfish waste of money then expect consequences.

• Lance

Take your wife shopping to see the new TV's so that she can see what your talking about. Explain the reasons that you see the new TV as being to your advantage and when she agrees buy it quickly before she changes her mind....

Measure the spot where you're going to put it.

Then sit in the place where you're going to sit.

Can you see that area okay?  Yes?  Then buy the TV.