Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

Are these Yahoo/Verizon emails legit or not? I marked them as spam because "Verizon" is spelled wrong in the email address...[screenshot]?

Update:

It should be "Verizon Media", not "Verzion Media" in the email address, right?

Update 2:

I ask because shortly after these emails arrived, my Yahoo account was suspended (my old account)... perhaps for my usual controversial posts, etc. (who knows).

Attachment image

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Zirp
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

There's a suggestion in the suggestion-board.

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/924010-yahoo-an...

It's been there since last december, and Verizon did not say they were scams

I think they are real, and pointless. The spelling is indicative for how much VERIZON cares about us users

Lv 7
    2 months ago

That type of email has gone out to many users, from various email addresses. I've not heard of anyone having their YA account suspended shortly after receiving one (I received one in March of this year, from @oath.com which was what the company running Yahoo, AOL, etc was called (Oath) before they were changed to Verizon Media). My guess is they are sent out to everyone at some point, although I'd question the misspelling in the sending email address (although your question has been posted before, with the same comment regarding verzion vs verizon). 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

USA today                

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No there not Legit they are Scams and should be Marked as Spam you Done the Right thing 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

They are NOT from Verizon or Yahoo. They are all scams and should be reported as spam to Verizon and Yahoo and deleted if possible. This has been going on for well over a year. 

This?question has been asked and answered thousands of times. This has become another spam question that should be reported and NOT ANSWERED. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Verizon has nothing to do with Yahoo's TOS.

Source(s): Verizon employee
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It may not be genuine,although I am wondering what anyone would  have to gain by sending these ?  Perhaps its a personal attack on the asker as I have had these in the past and have assumed it was the work of Trolls ?

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

SCAM .......................................

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Verizon would never misspell their own name on their E-mail address. It is not legit. Was it in your junk folder?

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It’s been asked a bunch of times. It’s a phishing scam. Delete and move on. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.