Is it appropriate to do this after an exit interview has already happened?

I resigned from my job a couple of weeks ago and had my exit interview last week. I have a couple days left of work until my resignation date. There is a supervisor who has been nothing but rude and mean to me the entire time I have worked here. When asked about my management team, I said they were all great because I wanted to let it go. However, I had an interaction today with this supervisor who has made me regret not informing HR on how she has treated me. Is it inappropriate to reach out to HR to inform them, or should I just move on. Thanks in advance!

• L

LET IT GO.  Remember, when you're looking for another job, and they contact your ex employers.............you always want to make sure they receive positive feedback.

• ?

Buffalo is correct and I disagree with ALL of the other answers ... especially the ones who didn't read the whole thing and think the asker still works there.

HR NEEDS TO KNOW.

You send them that letter.  HR cannot give you a bad reference because of a bad manager.  And if you do not get future jobs and you think it may be due to a bad reference from this one...then back track and follow up....If the manager or HR gives you a bad job reference for no reason...if they go back and put fake stuff on your employee file they are engaged in criminal activity.

If you must..wait until you get a new job...but do not let the bad manager ruin any more lives...  

Buffalo gave you the best advise. 

Hello Jessica! HR professional here. The other answers you've received are all terrible. Their perspectives are the exact reason that toxic work environments exist. Unless HR is aware of a problem, it very rarely will ever fix itself. Think of it this way - if you say nothing and this supervisor continues to act the way they do, then others may be susceptible to their inappropriate and rude behavior. 

Although you didn't bring it up during the exit interview, you should be able to reach out to the same HR rep that interviewed you (or anyone else in HR for that matter) to request a follow-up meeting or discussion. In that discussion, tell HR the truth - that you didn't want to reveal the supervisors negative behavior during the initial exit interview, but now feel compelled to do so thanks to a recent event. MAKE SURE TO HAVE A SPECIFIC EVENT IN MIND THAT YOU CAN TELL HR. 

As for "burning bridges", why would you ever want to work for the same supervisor again? If you're concerned with reference checks calling this employer, they can only ask for your title and dates of employment, nothing else (unless you sign a waiver that allows them to ask more than that).

Hope this helps! Good luck. 

What good would it do you to leave with that little bombshell?  Absolutely none. You're leaving. And it might be tempting, but it's certainly not very professional. Keep your dignity and your professionalism and just leave. It wouldn't help anyway. 

Source(s): Worked in HR for 31 years.

Although it may seem to be desirable to do so, should you do it you may be burning the bridge behind you. I would forget about it.

Move on, you might need HR for a reference. Leave on good terms.

• fcas80

Just move on.  You never know where that supervisor may run into you again.

You had a formal meeting to be able to tell the company anything you want.

But you chose not to. 

Now whatever you tell them, they have no idea if this is the truthful version or what you said originally was accurate.

Just move on.

• arther

go and tell the manager exactly why your leaving. write it down if you don't feel comfortable saying it. They treated you badly don't let them get away with it and do it to someone else.