Can Trump actually stage a coup and stay in office for a second term?

Joe Biden won the presidential election, a fact that Donald Trump and other Republicans refuse to acknowledge.

There are worries the president and other Republicans will make every effort to stay in power. “There will be a smooth transition to a second Trump administration,” Mike Pompeo, the secretary of state, said last week. William Barr, the attorney general, has also authorized federal prosecutors to begin to investigate election irregularities, a move that prompted the head of the justice department’s election crimes unit to step down from his position and move to another role. On Tuesday, Trump fired Christopher Krebs, the director of the federal agency that vouched for the reliability of the 2020 election and had pushed back on the president’s baseless claims of voter fraud.

You think Trump will be able to pull it off and stay in power for a second term, a term he never won?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Archer
    Lv 7
    4 days ago

Not "his" intent but it is what the Dems and Media are promoting, but then they have sold you a lot of BS now haven't they!

• Jim2
    Lv 7
    5 days ago

Pompeo is just another liar, and Biden will be inaugurated.

• GG
    Lv 4
    6 days ago

Could he stage a coup? Yes. Could he stay in office afterwards? No. Much as the right would like to think that that could happen it’s more likely that the world is flat, that climate change is a hoax, that we didn’t land on the moon, etc.

• Anonymous
    7 days ago

I doubt it.  I'd be very surprised if the military would go along with his coup.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 week ago

It is astrologically indicated that Trump will be disappointed and will suffer many losses.

• 1 week ago

Not a successful one.  Only the kind that ends with him having more holes in him than a character in a Fearless Fosdick cartoon.  If a whole bunch of Reptiles go down too, that can only be a good thing.  Your country needs to eradicate its traitors with all due haste & no mercy. 

Aw!  Wassamatta "T.D.", the fruitboy troll?  Couldn't get any customers to 2nd your T.D.?  You've got to SWALLOW 1st before they will.  Do you never learn?     

• 1 week ago

The end of America will be be if Trump refuses to leave the White House. Can't imagine the military going along.

• Sally
    Lv 7
    1 week ago

Only in his alternate reality, not in the real world.  He seems to think the world is a reality show.

• Anonymous
    1 week ago

He can pry the presidency from my cold, dead hands. 

• Anonymous
    1 week ago

Not if he doesn't want to find himself in jail facing capital charges of sedition or dead at the hands of the Secret Service come January 22. Trump's crazy, but I don't think he's THAT crazy. I do feel some reluctance saying that, though, because he does continue to surprise me even still after four years of his crazy.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.