Is it better to travel from London or London Heathrow Airport to Edinburgh by train or plane?

I visited London Heathrow Airport in UK more than 2 times so I guess Yes maybe, I like bridge mostly I would take taxi car visit Edinburgh

• F

Luton or Stansted by EasyJet or Ryanair is way cheaper than the train. Heathrow is mainly BA but will still be cheaper .

Flying is also quicker but not by much, by the time you get to and from airports and clear security etc, city centre to city centre is much the same, around 4 hrs.

In the middle of lockdown it may be questionable if your journey is within the guidelines.  You can probably better social distance on a train, you haven't a prayer on an aeroplane. By the time you have travelled to the airport and checked in and then picked up any luggage and travelled back to the centre the train is not much longer and less hassle than stepping on at Kings Cross and out at Waverley.

Depends on your budget, how far in advance you can book, and how quickly you want to get from one place to the other. 

The train takes a few hours, but is direct from city centre to centre (no transfers needed), and you can also do it on a sleeper train. The journey's pretty picturesque, and if booked enough in advance, not expensive - but late / on the day bookings aren't cheap!

3 thumbs down why so rude I only gave an opinion to the Questioner your RUDENESS won't change the Truth

I flew into Heathrow  Tube into London then Got the Train to Dundee

One great Trip on the Train but I love trains Back in the Fifties i did Edinburgh to London in 8 hrs 20- minutes on the Flying Scotsman

London to Edinburgh Standard Class Fri, 18 Dec 2020 from £51.50  and only takes 6 Hours

I also Travelled from Berlin to Warsaw on a Train

• Petter

Define better. It will be faster flying there.