Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 2 months ago

I’m 20, first offence, borderline personality disorder, anxiety and depression ?

2 counts of assault on a police officer, 2 officers I kicked a few times and public nuisance after accidentally falling off a cliff. I’ve done 6 weeks on remand and 6 on tag. Would I get sentenced still?

Oh look you’re stalking me everywhere. I won’t get 5 years hun and no I don’t need that to straighten me up. For a start, I AM NOT AN ATTENTION SEEKER YOU FÛCKING UGLY MUG

Of course you're still going to be sentenced.  The issues you mentioned would not be enough to change that.  You would have to both legally and medically show that you did not know what you were doing at the time.  You're not going to be able to do that with an average person's mental health issues. 

If you give this story to the judge, there are 2 possible outcomes:

1. They have you examined and committed to a psych ward until the doctors determine you won't commit a similar offense, or troll Yahoo Answers.

2. You are NOT found to be mentally ill, and the judge sentences you closer to the legal maximum than to the minimum.

That said, we KNOW you are a troll. NO ONE is remanded to custody awaiting trial for 6 weeks and then released 'on tag' before trial.

Note: The last sentence of your update is PROOF you are exactly what you deny being.

• Lili

So tedious, dear. Again.

And yes, you're an attention whore, clearly.  That's really all you care about, not receiving treatment, not improving your life: attention is your only goal.

That being the case, no one finds you remotely interesting, and people don't want to bother with you -- not even mental-health professionals.

Grow up, sweetie. Until you do, you'll remain the miserable little creature you so clearly are. No one's going to help you until you bother to help yourself, and you're not going to get any help here.

BPD is a serious mental illness which can often stem from extreme to moderate trauma it might not even be developed from that, but it doesn't take away from how serious it is and it doesn't make them a attention seeker. Don't be ignorant and try to talk on a subject you are clearly uneducated on. Mental illness is a real thing and it can affect people in extreme ways. Don't ever talk someones mental health like that if you are not a certified psychiatrist that is seeing them personally.

anyways im sorry for the rant but you need to get proof of your BPD for court. Make sure you talk to your psychiatrist to get a letter of certification from them or have them in court with you.

I hope you have a great day💕

• ?

Note to Foofa:  Actually, personality disorders ARE considered a serious form of mental illness (see the DSM-V for confirmation).  As far as answering this question, I don't know whether you will be sentenced, but assaulting a police officer is a serious offense.  You should take a letter from your psychiatrist, or better yet, take him/her with you to court as an expert witness to support your claim of mental illness.  The judge might be more lenient.  Note of caution, however:  your driving privileges might be taken away if you're considered unstable and therefore unfit to drive.

Source(s): licensed professional counselor

Personality disorders aren't considered mental illness and anxiety and depression rarely if ever cause the kind of psychological break with reality you'd have to prove to use mental defect as a defense. So in all likelihood you'd be treated just as anyone else would be for the same charges in the same jurisdiction. 

• Cee

You need to get a " stay out of jail " declaration/diagnosis from a qualified head doctor.

I'm not surprised.  There seems to be a correlation between depression and crime.  Many criminals are depressed people and they're very depressing to be around.  Maybe it's just that they don't have access to jobs or opportunity?  They need to get some goals and do something constructive with their life.  Otherwise they all become drifters with behavioral problems.

Source(s): From a town with a serious crime problem although they do everything they can to prevent people from knowing that so they stop leaving in droves. Sometimes the problem truly isn't you. It's the barren environment in which you live.

100%

Mental illess does NOT give you a free pass to go and commit multiple crimes! The only way you would get out of being sentenced/fould guilty is IF you can prove that you were "not of sound mind" at the time you committed the crimes you are accused of. Even IF you were to be found "not criminally responsible", you would still be treated under the mental health care system and that very well could involve a lengthy stay at a psyche ward until you are deemed fit.

Back to my point, you are most likely going to be sentenced.

You need 5 years in jail to straighten up your attention seeking self.