Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceEconomics · 2 months ago

Why don't most people have an understanding of how the world will be in 50 years?

Usually the only people who know how the world is trending are the people who are the smartest in the world/work in tech, etc. These people are best prepared for the future, while most of the world has no clue what's going on on a macro scale

Most people will be old and decrepit (if not dead) in 50 years and don't care.

"It's difficult to predict - especially the future"  ~ Yogi Berra

I believe everyone understands you should vote for better choices if available...   and I'm far from perfect...

• ?

Sharia Law.will be in many US cities

Most projections of the future are just taking current trnds to the what they will be in future.

Take something like minority report it continued the trend of cellphones becoming smaller but failed to account for the iPhone that made phones bigger, 2001 a space odyssey and star trek ds9 though did have some things that could be considered tablets as a scifi thing.  Most predictions of the future tend to not get the groundbreaking advancements that become normal.  

• JuanB

50 years ago the experts said acid rain will have destroyed all our lakes by now, and we will have been without oil for 10 years.  So even though I can see something is going on with the world, it's not like the experts have much of a track record.  

• Zirp

lemme guess: because you are woke and we are brainwashed sheeple

amirite?

• ?

My median knows best. She does not need even my birthday to tell my 50 year future. In fact, it is 2050 what UN just said.

• ?

People have been predicting that forever and they have all been wrong .