?
? asked in SportsBasketball · 2 months ago

Did Tim Duncan quit as assistant coach for the Spurs because he misses being in the games as a player?

No, its because the players kept clowning him for being a center that says hes a power forward so he can be the best of all time at his position. That Mf hasnt played pf since David Robinson retired.

Just the opposite, I think he joined the Spurs coaching staff because he wasn't quite ready to leave the NBA completely behind him.  At the press conference announcing his hiring Duncan said he didn't really anticipate coaching to be a long term career move. 

Tim Duncan can do whatever he wants as long as they don't call him "Kim".

LOL I don't think so.

I don't think he quit because he misses being a player in the games. He is a family man and traveling around (If the NBA resumes traveling to other states) especially during COVID-19 isn't ideal for him or his family. 

• I think the answer is yes I assume

No, that wasn't the reason.

• ?

Supposedly he's continuing with the Spurs in a different role, one that wouldn't require him to travel to 41 games a season plus playoffs.  I can see an advantage to that arrangement for a dedicated family man.

anything is possible

• ?

that could be why