Does God punish people in life?

I have had a horrible life. Physical abuse, no friends, little family, nothing but rejection by women, poor, no acceptance by anyone ever. I am in pain all the time from hip pain and depression pain. I feel cold and dead inside, I don't think I was ever meant to be happy ever. I think about suicide all the time because I can't find anyway out of my situation. I think I'm already dead and I just don't know it yet. Why did God choose to punish me? Why does he hate me so much? All I ever wanted was a family and friends and love like other people have. Does God hate me?

No Rick he does not. Let's read something taken from God's word Job 34:10 So listen to me, you men of understanding It is unthinkable for the true God to act wickedly,For the Almighty to do wrong!  So as we just read God does not do wrong so he would not hate you nor is he punishing you, in fact he wants you to come to get to know him and pray to him so he can help you with what you are going through.Psalm 91:14, 15

14 God said: “Because he has affection for me, I will rescue him.

I will protect him because he knows my name.

15 He will call on me, and I will answer him.

I will be with him in distress.

I will rescue him and glorify him. Yes study God's word draw close to him and he will draw close to you and by doing this as we just read he will be with you in time of distress. 

• ?

that same thing happened to Job and he wondered that.  But he never cursed God so that he could die.  For that he was rewarded.

• Jake

God does punish people both in this world and in the next.  However, if a person has a true devotion to the rosary, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries, never shall he be conquered by misfortune nor shall God chastise him in His Justice.

no gods exist but people punish other people. sometimes people punish themselves.

I used to imagine that life may have been without much suffering in the old times. 

Ecclesiastes 7:15

All things have I seen in the days of my vanity: there is a just man that perisheth in his righteousness, and there is a wicked man that prolongeth his life in his wickedness.

Job 10:15,16

If I be wicked, woe unto me; and if I be righteous, yet will I not lift up my head. I am full of confusion; therefore see thou mine affliction; 

Job 7:16

I loathe my life! I would not live forever. Leave me alone, for my days are but a breath.

Job 10:1

My soul is weary of my life; I will leave my complaint upon myself; I will speak in the bitterness of my soul.

Ecclesiastes 2:17

Therefore I hated life; because the work that is wrought under the sun is grievous unto me: for all is vanity and vexation of spirit.

Ecclesiastes 4:2

So I admired the dead, who had already died, above the living, who are still alive.

Ecclesiastes 4:3

But better than both is he who has not yet existed, who has not seen the evil that is done under the sun.

Never so far a fictional character punished someone or did anything, since ALL are men creations ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• mimi

God loves you. He created you for a special purpose.  Jesus was also rejected, abused and died a painful death because he loves you so much he wants you to be with him forever.  You're not alone ever.

Please see the link below. 

Life sucks for a lot of people.  It's possible that you slipped between the cracks.  A lot of people have.  

God had nothing to do with any of that. He is your only help. Dont push him away.

We are all affected by our sins, those of others, natural forces, cause and effect, time and chance. 

Your best strategy is to start doing things his ways. Yours clearly dont work.

There’s no god. But there are people who will help you. There’s no shame in asking for help.