Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 4 weeks ago

Do I have a condition?

Ever since I was a small child, I've done weird movements and facial expressions whilst daydreaming. When I was 7, I would rub my index finger against my palm vigorously all the time to the point of my family noticing. Then, I went through a phase of banging my knuckles together unconsciously. I particularly daydream when I am listening to music. I pace back and forth, make odd facial expressions, slap my four fingers on my right hand to the palm of my left hand, and sort of turn my head to my left shoulder. I daydream all of the time and it is not something that I have been able to find a way to control, is there an underlying condition/disorder for this?

• Lili

It sounds a bit like Tourette's Syndrome and might be a variation on it. It's also possible that it's a form of autism.

I think you might want to discuss this with a doctor and possibly see a neurologist for evaluation.  You say it happens only when you daydream, but if you're not able to prevent yourself from daydreaming that might be part and parcel of the disorder.

Do seek medical advice.