Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Was Jesus and Cleopatra black?

Update:

Were*

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Jesus: No.

Cleopatra: Probably not entirely.  She was Ptolemaic, or Greek in origin.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Jesus was Israeli, and looked just like Israeli men of today.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Jesus, no

Cleopatra possibly

Here is the key evidence in this argument: We are not certain of the heritage of Cleopatra's mother or her paternal grandmother. We just don't know for sure who those women were. Historical records are not conclusive of what their ancestry is or what land they come from. That leaves 50% to 75% of Cleopatra's ancestry and genetic heritage unknown—and ripe for speculation. 

https://www.thoughtco.com/was-cleopatra-black-biog...

I'll never understand why people make so much over skin color. God doesnt.

• 1 month ago

No, they [wasn't].

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Den B7
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes.              

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Middle Eastern and North Africans ( Jews, Arabs, Turks Persians etc)  are classified as Caucasians. 

• 1 month ago

They tested Cleo's sister's remains a few years ago. Princess A ...something. She was found to have had an African mother and mixed heritage. Cleo and her sister may not have had the same mother but it is possible they did in which case the answer is maybe.

As for Jesus, apart from location there is no evidence of colour . If he had been unusual it would probably have been mentioned in scripture (if he existed at all). As there is no mention I guess he would have looked like a typical native of the Middle East then and now. 

• 1 month ago

Both were middle eastern and while some Egyptians had fairly dark skin, we don't know what her skin color was as if that mattered.  However, given the few images we have of her, let's just say that I'd need a paper bag and be in a very dark room....

Jesus, on the other hand, would have looked like most middle easterners with most likely an olive complexion. If he actually existed, he would have been neither white or black.

I do have to question why you are so curious about something so trivial as skin color, it seems really uneducated and very bigoted.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Don’t be ridiculous

• People from two different time periods and peoples, but no, neither were black. They would have had olive or deep tan skin, Israelites/Jews are Caucasians, people of Northern Africa are also classified as Caucasians as they are considered Middle Eastern people, also called MENA according to what I was just reading. There is controversy and people are trying to make changes as they don't consider it a white or black issue.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.