Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 month ago

If I was a black person I would have tried to stop Walter Wallace Jr. from threatening the police. What do liberals think of me?

If I was a black person I would not have just stood there recording a black person confronting the police with a knife in hand just to see him get shot by police. How easy is it for a black person who says they care about black lives to step up and save a black person's life by way of getting a black person to stop being aggressive towards the police. The police would not mind if a black person stopped a black person from confronting them with a knife.

AJ: Being arrested does not make a person a criminal. Stopping a person who is assaulting the police is not a criminal act.

Please post your source of "... police would not mind if a Black person stopped a Black person from confronting them with a knife."

My husband is a Black Police Officer.  He discourages ANYONE, black or white, from interfering with an arrest.

The police would mind.  They specifically ask that bystanders not intercede in situations like this because attempting to "help" makes it more dangerous for everyone.

Traitor. You're just as bad as white people now

• A.J.

One little issue. When anyone, including and especially black people, get involved in a confrontation with police, on either end, they get shot, arrested, handcuffed, tazed.

You aren't black, so really can't properly comment.

If we hear the same thing from a black person of that neighborhood, I'm ready to listen.

You state at the end:

"The police would not mind if a black person stopped a black person from confronting them with a knife."

BUZZ. That is a criminal act interfering with a police officer, and you may not think so, but police do arrest people who try to get involved.

PS - I'm old and White with no prior criminal record and financially well off, totally sober, trying to control my drunk friend. We were both arrested; charges dropped by DA, but still I was arrested.

Per thumbs-down, whomever did it, you live in a bubble.

if i was a cop i would have done a tuck and roll kicked the knife from his hand and safely subdued him.