Piercing is purple day after getting it ?

Yesterday when I got it pierced the whole ear was really red, and now the top is purple. I’m not sure what to do like should I take it out? I’m so scared because I read horror stories 

It’s also swollen where it’s purple

• Laura

This looks like a bruised fresh piercing.  

Its normal for a piercing like this to be bruised and swollen for a few weeks after piercing.  

Take some advil to help with the swelling and use an ice pack gently on the ear.  

It's probably bruised. Not common, but not unheard of with cartilage piercings. ICE, ICE, ICE, and take an anti-inflammatory ASAP. You can ice it with ice cubes placed in a baggie with a clean paper towel over it, let sit for 10 minutes, and do this 3-5 times per day. Do this very gently, and try very hard not to knock it, or get it caught in your brush or anything. You just got it pierced, so yes, it will be swollen and tender and unsightly for a week or so. 

• kelvin

you leave it alone and let the swelling go down and let it heal more