ydni asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 3 weeks ago

Will Princess Sarah Ferguson get a funeral like Princess Diana's when she sadly passes away?

Will she have a funeral like Princess Diana's when she passes away?  With the royal standard on her coffin and the whole Royal family turning up 

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 week ago

She is a Duchess not a Princess  She's divorced from her Princely husband and is not an HRH.  She won't get a State funeral.  Diana's wasn't a State funeral either although it looked like one.  She retained her title of Princess but lost her HRH when she divorced.  

• Cousin
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Oh she's still around is she. Yes I imagine so. She'd let everyone down worse than anyone until Andrew did his paedophile ring with Jeffrey Epstein. Still one imagines that the Royal Family will do what it can to keep up appearances, what it can for the innocent princesses of York and so on. Hopefully not too much in the public eye. I don't like to think of Sarah Ferguson or Andrew anymore.

• Clo
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Sarah, Duchess of York, or Princess Andrew,only women who are born or bestowed a princess in their own rights correctly use the title with their own names, will not have as big a funeral as Diana, Princess of Wales. Sarah is not at popular as Diana. The funeral will be a private one, not televised , just covered by the media as the families permit. Some royal family members will attend the ceremony.

Here is a lesson that many answerers failed to learn:

Women assume titles and styles of their royal husbands. Prince Andrew is a prince, a royal duke, earl, and baron. He is HRH, Prince Andrew, Duke of York, Earl of Inverness, Baron Killyleagh. When Sarah Ferguson married Andrew, she assumed all his titles and styles. Sarah became, HRH, Sarah, The Duchess of York, Countess of Inverness, Baroness Killyleagh, The Princess Andrew.

Upon her divorce, Sarah was stripped of her HRH, but was allowed to be called, Sarah, Duchess of York until she remarries. Then, she would lose Duchess of York and assume whatever titles her new husband holds.

• Jas B
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

She is not, nor ever has been a Princess, when she married Prince Andrew she was given the title Duchess of York.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

No she is No Longer a Royal even though she still holds the Title Duchess her Funeral will not be anything like Diana's Little pomp and Circumstance

• Rico
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

She won’t get the Royal Standard because she is not a member of the royal family. Her funeral won’t be on the same scale as Diana’s was due to the fact that she has managed to step out of the spotlight. 

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

No, it’s very unlikely, she wasn’t as popular as Di and she wasn’t married to the future King or gave birth to a future King. Plus Di, was very charismatic, despite her faults. 

• 3 weeks ago

I agree with Brucie, there is nobody with the last name "Ferhuson" [sic].

@Pamela, wrong, she is still a member of the royal family unless she marries again, to a non royal. All she lost is the HRH title. I know more than royalists.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

There is no such person as Princess Sarah Ferhuson and the former Sarah Ferhuson and ex wife of Prince Andrew will not have a funeral anything like Diana did. Troll 

• When Princess Sarah Fergusson dies, I expect the mourning and funeral will be exactly as it was for Princess Diana, but with a bigger coffin. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.