Can police break down your down to enforce a community treatment order? (Mental illness)?

I am on a community treatment order for six months in Australia for mental illness. I am wondering if I didn’t go to the hospital to get injections can police come to my house and break down my door to enforce the community treatment order? If they can’t break down my door I will just not go to hospital. Is a community treatment order the same as a warrant to enter premises? Thanks for answers.

1 Answer

  • 4 weeks ago

    There is no such thing as a order requiring you to report to the hospital for injections.

    That said, if you are in violation of a court order, they CAN use whatever level of force is required to compel you to comply with the order.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.