Why does Peter say "Then I remembered" (Acts 11:16) & quoted what Jesus said in Acts 1:5 VERBATIM? Did Peter forget Jesus said HS baptism?

AND SAY WATER BAPTISM IN ACTS 2:38?  IS THAT WHY ACTS 2:42 SAYS

"AND THEY CONTINUED IN THE (((APOSTLES'))) DOCTRINE..." AND NOT JESUS' DOCTRINE WHO SAID "HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM" (ACTS 1:5) BUT PETER SAID WATER (ACTS 2:38)?

SINCE PETER (((DID NOT))) REMEMBER (ACTS 11:15-16) JESUS SAYING HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM (ACTS 1:5) BUT HE SAID WATER (ACTS 2:38) AFTER HE (((REMEMBERED))) IN ACTS 11:15-16, DOES THAT (((NULLIFY))) ALL WATER BAPTISMS THROUGHOUT THE BOOK OF ACTS?

DOESN'T THAT ALSO (((NULLIFY))) TODAY'S CHRISTIANS' BELIEF IN A WATER BAPTISM WITH A DEFINITION OF "BELIEVING JESUS IS COMING" (ACTS 19:4)?

IF NOT, DON'T THEY KNOW JESUS CAME (JN 1:29) BACK IN THE GLORY OF THE HOLY GHOST (ACTS 1:2) AS PROMISED (JN 14:18;26) ON THE DAY OF PENTECOST (ACTS 2:2-4)?

Update:

@ROAD

STOP LYING JW

WHEN I CORINTHIANS `12:11-13 SAYS 

"FOR BY ONE SPIRIT WERE WE (((ALL))) BAPTIZED INTO ONE BODY"

YOUR (((CULT))) YOUR "GOVERNING BODY" MADE UP THAT SHYT ABOUT A "LITTLE FLOCK" IS THE ONLY ONE HOLY SPIRIT BAPTIZED WHEN THE WORD OF GOD SAYS (((ALL))) MEMBERS OF THE BODY OF CHRIST HAVE BEEN BAPTIZED INTO ONE SPIRIT (I COR 12:11-13) AND (((NOT))) ONE WATER KNOWING THERE'S ONLY "ONE BAPTISM" (EPH 4:5)!

Update 2:

@DAVID

CHILD PLEASE!  WHO CARES THAT YOU CALL GOD A LIAR IN ACTS 1:5 WHEN (((JESUS SAID))) "HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM" (ACTS 1:5) BUT PETER SAID "WATER" (ACTS 2:38)

YOU'RE THE ONE WHO HAS TO GET TO HELL FOR "BLASPHEMY" (MATT 12:30-32) IN "UNBELIEF" OF (((WHAT IS WRITTEN))) WHEN PETER SAID ((("THEN))) 

(((REMEMBERED))) I THE WORD OF THE LORD" (ACTS 11:15-16) AND REPEATED ACTS 1:5 (((VERBATIM))) AS TO WHAT HE'D FORGOTTEN!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

John baptised Jews who were a dedicated nation and were baptised for repentance When Jesus was baptised he was also baptised by Holy Spirit by His Father Math 3;16-17 The first disciples were baptised by Holy Spirit at Pentecoste going until the 144000 heavenly co rulers are collected John is not included in the heaven calling but will be ressurected to live on earth Math 11;11-13 John baptised with water for repentance but Christ baptises with Holy Spirit and also Fire for Unbelievers and rideculers Math 3;11-12

Source(s): bible
  • Misty
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

That is ancient superstition and should never be taken literally.

• 1 month ago

GN, your rant/questions remind people of what Ezekiel said about self-proclaimed "prophets" like you.

Ezekiel 13:17   “Now, son of man, set your face against the daughters of your people who prophesy out of their own imagination. Prophesy against them.

That doesn't mean they forgot what Ezekiel said.  Peter didn't forget anything.  The events of Ac 10 simply reminded him of what happened about ten years earlier in Jerusalem (Ac 2).  If anyone is forgetting what Jesus said to his apostles, it is YOU.

John 14:26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

Attachment image
  • Everyone has to be Baptized in water in dedication to God, but not everyone Baptized in water will be anointed with Holy Spirt by God. Only a "little flock" will be anointed by God with Holy Spirit as ones chosen to serve in heaven.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.