I'm in my mid 60's and bought my first LG android phone. I get "to charge faster use the original charger". I AM using the original charger?

Why is this happening? I'm using a wall outlet at my home. Also, when I try to download an app or update an app, I get "waiting for download" and this goes on forever and it never downloads or updates. What's up with that happening? I thought these phones were supposed to be "smart". Thanks!

I'm using the original USB cable and charger that came with the phone.

They often say this to discourage you from buying cords, chargers, etc. from elsewhere.  I have bought many of those things elsewhere, and they worked fine - sometimes, it will flash a question or notification that this is NOT THEIRS - so I hit the permission for, etc. and go on with life.  Some aftermarket things are better than what comes with - and if course, greet us also junk out there.  

As far as slow uploads - that could be the Wifi in your house.  Big updates will take a few minutes, but an app from the app store should go pretty quick.

Us "more life experience" folks can learn all this - because we have patience.  And on your phone, they is usually a book of directions. My iPhones have that - betcha you phone does, too.  Look in "Books".

Take it slow - I am good at phones, computers, digital music programs - but replaced my 1973 sewing machine 2 weeks ago, and am still figuring out new stuff.  And it gets loud in the house ever so often, with unladylike words.  But each d ay is better.  Da Boss just replaced his espresso machine - so at least both of us are cursing at THINGS, and not yelling at each other.  On a good day, I hem his new jeans and he makes me a cappuccino.

Are you also using the factory supplied cord? The phone needs a strong data signal or be connected to wifi for stuff to download correctly.