Does the Bible explain how Satan/The Devil/Lucifer functions in this world?

People sometimes say he tempts us to do sinful stuff but how does that work? Is he like God in that he can chose anyone he wants to communicate to? Also it says in the Bible (I think) t

hat no human is smarter than Satan, am I correct?

Thanks in advance :)

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

The Bible says very little about this evil one but it never says "no human is smarter" than him. On the contrary, Christians are given "the mind of Christ" and the power of the Holy Spirit to guide us - which Satan has never had! Temptation cannot happen unless we have a wrong desire within us to start with. Satan may be aware of our weaknesses and try to lead us into temptation but Jesus said we pray to God our Father to be delivered from that, and from evil, for He is sovereign and we are in His kingdom. Jesus said that deception and lies are the evil one's chief tools. That's how he got going in Eden, ever so subtly twisting what God had actually said. Therefore, when you thoroughly know the word of God, you will spot such deceptions and not fall for them. We are to focus on that, and on Christ, and those who resist the devil have him flee from them. That's all in the Bible.

You need to seriously study the Bible and learn what God has said on these matters. Don't just believe what other people tell you. Be prepared to do some hard work and learn for yourself, for that will fortify you against myriad deceptions that lead people astray. The main reason why satan is having such a field-day now is that very few people bother to study God's written word, or to keep their eyes focused om Christ, the author and perfecter of our faith. Distractions abound - many of them satanic. Be smart and concentrate on Christ. The Bible is all about Him - from Genesis 3:15 to the very last words in the last book of the Bible.

• 1 month ago

//God cast Satan and all his fallen angels into hell a very long time ago.

Revelation 20:10 KJV — And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.//

This happens in future.

>

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

John 10:10

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

1 Peter 5:8

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

He always lied, cheated, tempted and deceived. But never in his angelic form. He appeared as a dragon in Eden. Throughout history he possessed willing servants who would allow him to work through them.... like some kings, and people like Judas 

John 13:27 KJV — And after the sop Satan entered into Judas. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.

He worked through Roman emperors like Nero, the whole Caesarian reign.

People attribute many of their own evil desires and actions to Satan when he had nothing to do with them. 

>>>>Is he like God in that he can chose anyone he wants to communicate to? 

NO!

>>>>Also it says in the Bible (I think) t

hat no human is smarter than Satan, am I correct?

NO

God cast Satan and all his fallen angels into hell a very long time ago.

Revelation 20:10 KJV — And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

No one can blame Satan on anything anymore. He has an ironclad alibi. Discipline yourself.

• 1 month ago

No, Satan isn't like God, we are more like God than him, hence "God made man in his own image." Satan and his henchmen hate that and do their best to make people act like animals. Satan can't touch God but he can get to those created in His image, if you let him.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Bryce
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I've never seen any god, Satan, Holy Ghost, devil, demon, angel, or anything like that.  That's because they don't exist.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.