Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 1 month ago

My sister is having a wedding in another week but I’m scared to go with Covid what do i do ?

Over 100 people

If you're especially vulnerable to COVID owing to age, preexisting medical condition or obesity and Sis hasn't made arrangements for proper masking and distancing no one could blame you for not wanting to go to the wedding. 

• L

WEAR A MASK and enjoy the wedding.

Don't worry, just maintain the social distancing. 

• drip

A hundred people are really going to show up!? If you really are afraid don’t go. 

I would attend the wedding ceremony. Keep your distance. Don’t attend the reception 

• Jon

Unless the event is outdoors and there is a GUARANTEED way for you to remain completely outside and safely away from the crowd -- which means a distance of much more than six feet -- you should inform your sister, with a profuse apology, that due to the current circumstances you can no longer attend.

(And to the other Anonymous who says he or she has "no choice because I have to be in it": you DO have that choice as well.)

• T J

Stay away, if she does not like it, too bad. The wedding should have been put off for now.  If you must go, wear a mask and keep away from others, leave early.

Tell her you can't risk your health by attending a group event. 

Don't go. This is not a moment to be going to that kind of things

same. but i have no choice because i have to be in it... it's a shame that my friend, nor your sister, can't wait until after this is all over. her memories of her wedding day are going to be people in masks. how sad... such a selfish thing to do in these times.

A, i think you should mind your own business. you don't know my friends, my life, or my situation. thanks.

• Matt

maybe wear a mask...