Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 month ago

Garmin paid $10million, now the ransomeware-flingers are targeting hospitals: Is it a mistake to hand over Bitcoins to hackers?

Not seen this, do you have any news sites for context?

The cost of restoring the systems of Garmin vs  the cost of the key.  If it cost $25 million to restore and $10 to get the key (assuming the key is actually supplied, BIG BIG BIG IF), you pay the ten.  Bad guys don't give a rats *** about restoring systems.  They just want every dollar they can squeeze out of you.  If the company goes out of business, they will crow.  Other than that, they do not care.

So, if anyone ever catches one of these *** holes, life in prison, NO parole, NO COMPUTERS EVER.  Not even TV.  Their kind of evil is among the worst as some have actually KILLED hospital patients.  In that case, I'd add murder one to the list of charges.

I think I saw an episode of Grey’s Anatomy about that. 

Good thing we have smart orange guy in the executive branch, enforcing laws* and bringing criminals to justice in this country. 

Source(s): *Golf time counts as law enforcement