Ryan
Ryan asked in SportsFootballEnglish Football · 4 weeks ago

Adam, what would you do if Red Bull bought Gateshead ?

I would have asked in a comment but Yahoo took that option away. 

So your team would be known as Red Bull Gateshead, your stadium name would change, your kit would be red and white with the red bull logo on it and all this. 

Would you stop supporting your team even if it meant there was a chance they could be successful under the new ownership?

I ask because you, like most people on earth, are not a fan of the Red Bull teams. But I just was curious as once upon a time Leipzig were a 5th tier side, your own club I believe are a 6th tier side. I was gonna say 5th tier as well but that's what was the old conference division and I don't think you guys are there but current me if I'm wrong.

But we will say that Leipzig were once around the same level as your local side and are now playing champions league football. Would you stick with your club or would you see it as almost like you club making a deal with the devil so you'll take your support elsewhere?

Also what do you think the fans besides yourself would think if Red Bull bought your club? Do you think some of you would form your own football club?

thanks for that adam

• Adam

You are pretty much right on everything and i would walk away from that club as it no longer would be my club. We actually came close to something similar 2 years ago. Old owner (Joe cala), wanted to move the club to a rugby ground in Newcastle and change the name. There's a lot more reasons than just this (not paying players, creditors, the stadiums landlord etc). We were in the process of forming a phoenix club potentially starting at level 11 of the English pyramid. My stance is the same, if walk away as it's no longer our club. Got no issue with red bull founding a team from scratch or owning a club. My issue with them is changing the name and in some cases moving them. Basically doing an MK Don's (who I also hate)

They would call it the Bull of Gateshead 

He's faking, he's never been to a Gateshead match.