what problems can occur during the replacement of an alternator, that would make the car inoperable?

i have a 2005 buick lacrosse cx, and i am going to replace my alternator. im trying to provide an excuse to get out of something, and looking for reasons that the car wouldnt work after replacing the alternator. i already replaced the battery and that fixed the original issue, but i told an individual that i needed to potentially replace the alternator as well. So now im trying to figure out a way out of an obligation by making up a reason the car wont work. Kind of childish i know, but whatevers clever. Any suggestions?

Wait, what? You're going to waste time and money replacing a part that is broke, so that you don't have to fulfill an obligation you made? For Christs sakes dude, man up and do what you said you were going to do, like it or not. Part of being a man is knowing when to stand up, and when to shut up...but when you say you're going to show up, you always show up, always...or learn to keep your mouth shut. You've said you'd do something, now do it.

Tell them your IQ is low and you're a chronic liar.

• Phil M

I don't want to become a part of your web of lies. Trying to cover up your lack of responsibility by these means only doubles your treachery.

Tell them you forgot to put alternator fluid in it, and it failed.

My dog ate the instructions

Oh, so you buggered it up and do not want to take responsibility for your actions?

Spending money on an alternator WON'T DO IT.  Maybe better if you spent money on a Catalytic Converter and forget to punch open the end before you weld it on will make the car inoperable.  Either way it is your fault.

Take it to a car mechanic and get it fixed right the first time (and you know YOU are NOT a mechanic)  The newer the car, the more complex it is getting.

INCOMPETENCE of the installer.

If the alternator needs replaced, the battery was a SYMPTOM of the original problem with the alternator.

Based on your details, YOU ARE the primary problem.

You have one excuse- you don't want to do the job. When the job is done right it doesn't make the car inoperable. Make up your own lies. I don't have any for you.

Nothing. Changing an alternator on a GM car is a snap. 

the lug has come off the charge wire the car can't run until I put another lug on it which I don't have until tomorrow.